Important Electrical Safety Tips at Home
Things to be aware of, especially if you have kids!
Most people use several different electrical appliances. With electric appliances being so common in modern homes, it's easy to forget that there are very real risks and hazards associated with their use. Find and consult your electrician tradesmen.
Take a look at some important electrical safety tips that you should be aware of in your household according to Lovetoknow.com:
- Do not operate any electrical appliance with wet hands or while standing in water.
- Keep clothes, curtains, toys and other potentially combustible materials at away from radiators, space heaters, heating vents and other heat sources.
- Unplug unused appliances and stow cords safely out of reach of pets, young children or hazardous situations.
- Do not overload outlets with multiple adaptors or power strips; relocate cords instead.
- Never put any object other than the appropriate size plug into an outlet.
- Install ground fault circuit interrupter outlets in potentially hazardous areas such as near pools, crawl spaces, kitchens, bathrooms and unfinished basements.
- Use bulbs that have the correct wattage requirements for each fixture. Using a higher wattage bulb can cause the fixture to overheat.
- Consider switching to more efficient compact fluorescent (CFL) bulbs that provide the same level of light at a lower wattage level.
- Do not allow children to play in proximity to small or large electric appliances.
- Replace any tools that put off even mild electric shocks.
- Replace any light switches that have a tendency to flicker.
- Replace any light switches that are hot to the touch.
Even though electricity is commonplace, there is still quite a bit of danger associated with improper use. Carefully observe all safety measures when using electricity to keep yourself - and your family - safe.
Stay with us to find out more advice. Also, if you want to hire a professional electrician tradesmen, find the best tradies quotes in Perth and Melbourne for your job just in few simple steps. Start here.
Get Quotes Now!
Hire them from Tradies quotes
Interior House Painting
Why use professional painting services