Things you should know before hiring a painter
Learn how to prepare well and get the best of it.
Painting walls can make a big difference and refresh your house style. If you are unhappy with boring space or want to ‘do something’ with your interior, good news is that painting can change a lot, yet it is not expensive as other interior redecorations.
If you want to make the best of it, it is necessary that you prepare well. Hiring a painter doesn’t mean that the job is over. If you want it to be good, make it so. Here are some steps that you should follow while hiring a painter.
Think about what exactly do you want - Google different interior designs, compare your interior with others and learn about colors in space. Small spaces love bright, clean and pastel shades. With bigger rooms you can be more courageous in picking colors. Find what suits you best and tell that to painter.
Read reviews and ask around - There are a lot of ways to find out about painters. Try with friends, internet reviews, etc. Connect your job with approved, registered and certified painters in Perth at Tradies Quotes. Each tradie in TradiesQuotes’s database is properly background checked and legally stated.
Get quotes and interview best candidates - According to Benjamin Moore blog you should always ask painters following questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have the proper/required licenses? (This varies by state, and some states may not require licensing.)
- Do you have insurance and bonding? (This helps determine whether your contractor and any hired workers are insured for injury and liability.)
- Are you a member of any national or local painting contractors' associations?
- Do you subcontract your work or perform it yourself?
- Can you provide references?
- Do you offer written guarantees of your work?
- What products do you use?
If you are not satisfied with process and final results, you should always say that out loud. State your expressions and ask for guarantee.
Get Quotes Now!
Hire them from Tradies quotes
Interior House Painting
Why use professional painting services